Senior Executive Assistant to the Superintendent/President
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
Napa Valley College is seeking a Senior Executive Assistant to the Superintendent/President.
The president's office is responsible for the overall leadership, planning, management,
and evaluation of the college and its programs, services, and operations.
The incumbent in this position will be providing advanced administrative support to the Superintendent/President and Executive Coordinator in a variety of sensitive, complex and confidential administrative and clerical matters with a high degree of independence; coordinating daily calendars; planning appointments and events; assisting the Superintendent/President in maintaining effective public relations; acting as a liaison between management, staff, the Board of Trustees, and the community; preparing reports and updating internal databases; and distributing internal communication; performing specialized functions unique to the Office of the President. This is a confidential position.
This job reports to Superintendent/President.
This is a full-time, 12-months-per-year, confidential position. The salary has an appropriate placement on Range 10 of the current Administrative/Confidential salary schedule. Initial salary placement is $5,457/month to $6,015/month, with future steps up to $7,678/month. Placement on the salary schedule is commensurate with experience. The college offers a fringe benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, employee assistance program, and retirement system membership. Assignment includes 20 paid holidays, 22 vacation days, and 12 days sick leave annually.
- Collaborates with others (e.g. district personnel, other district personnel, community organizations, board members, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or programs.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of diversified sources (e.g. staff members, Board Members, community organizations, outside agencies, etc.) for the purpose of preparing reports, making recommendations and/or preparing information.
- Coordinates a wide variety of projects, activities and/or events for the Superintendent/President and Board of Trustees (e.g. campus-wide events, meetings, receptions, luncheons, workshops, travel/accommodations, reports, etc.) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a wide variety of complex manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. legal documents, contacts, agreements, contracts, policies and procedures, budget data, reports, databases, department website, confidential records, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Monitors a wide variety of activities on behalf of the Superintendent/President (e.g. Board procedures, public relations issues, meeting arrangements, account balances, etc.) for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates in compliance with established guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the work activities within the office for the purpose of organizing assignments, monitoring progress, and ensuring completion within established guidelines.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings (e.g. Board meetings, committee meetings, confidential and personnel meetings, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, recording minutes, coordinating materials distribution and/or supporting the needs of attendees.
- Prepares a wide variety of complex written materials (e.g. board materials, correspondence, agendas, minutes, event programs, bulletins, reports, presentations, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information and/or creating documentation in compliance with established guidelines.
- Performs highly complex, confidential and sensitive administrative support duties (e.g. decisions directly impacting the operations of the District) for the purpose of ensuring the implementation and integrity of sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Processes a wide variety of complex documents and materials (e.g. contracts, agreements, personnel and payroll documents, work orders, requisitions, travel reimbursements, budget transfers, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with administrative guidelines and/or regulatory requirements.
- Procures supplies and equipment for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items.
- Reconciles account balances for assigned budget categories for the purpose of ensuring operating expenses are managed within budgetary guidelines.
- Represents Superintendent/President and/or Executive Coordinator in their absence for the purpose of conveying and gathering information required for efficient/accurate operation of the department.
- Researches a wide variety of topics (e.g. policies, current practices, education codes, board agenda items, complaints, legal updates, collective bargaining, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or recommendations and/or addressing a variety of administrative requirements.
- Responds to a wide variety of calls, concerns and/or complaints for the purpose of resolving problems, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel.
- Schedules a wide variety of activities (e.g. appointments, meetings, travel reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc.) for the purpose of making necessary arrangements for the Superintendent/President, other administrators and/or board members.
- Serves as a resource and liaison (e.g. Board of Trustees, district personnel, community, etc.) for the purpose of explaining procedures, conveying and receiving information, and providing necessary interpretation and communication for the Office of the President.
- Serves as alternative senior executive support for Board of Trustees meetings.
- Supports Superintendent/President and Board of Trustees (e.g. matters related to negotiations, contract administration, personnel issues, etc.) for the purpose of providing assistance with their functions and responsibilities.
- Trains employees and student assistants for the purpose of providing assistance and skill development to ensure functionality.