Board of Trustees
Napa Valley College sets the standard as a recognized leader in excellent and affordable higher education, career development and life-long learning for residents of Napa County and beyond, providing educational experiences in support of student success.
By state law, the Napa Valley Community College district is under the control of a Board of Trustees composed of seven community members. Elected from within established areas of the district, trustees serve four-year terms. Students are represented by a student trustee, who is selected in an annual election. The Board meets once a month, and agendas are posted in accordance with open meeting law.
Meetings are conducted in person, on the NVC main campus, Administration building, room 1538.
Meetings are accessible to members of the public via Zoom, and public comment will be allowed at appropriate times during the meeting, which are announced by the Board President. Link to meetings: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/91917840829. (Webinar ID: 919 1784 0829).
Additionally, you may submit your comments electronically by emailing email@example.com with the subject line: PUBLIC COMMENT. Submissions by email must be received by noon of the day of the meeting. Emailed comments will be shared with the board members and posted to the agenda. They will not be read aloud unless that is specifically requested.
Board Goals 2023-2024
- Lead from a framework that advances diversity, equity, inclusion, anti-racism, and accessibility.
- Prioritize operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure financial stability and long-term fiscal health of college.
- Ensure the district and campus are ready for a 24/7 student housing community.
- Provide direction, support, and resources to the superintendent/president to grow community support for the college and its strategic initiatives.
Napa Valley College Trustee Areas 2022-2031
View in Online Map: https://gis.countyofnapa.org/NVCTrusteesMap