Skip to main contentSkip to footer content

Financial Aid Forms


Dear Student,

Most Forms that students are required to submit are listed under "Required Documents", after you log in to MyNVC, Financial Aid.  There will be a hyperlink for you to click to open the DocuSign Form to complete and submit online. When required to submit additional documentation (tax return, picture ID, high school diploma, etc.,  a link to upload the document will be provided on the form.  If you need to submit documents without a form, please use the "Cover Page for Uploading Documents"  listed on this webpage under specific year forms.  The V4 and V5 Verification Packets are PDF Forms.  The V4 and V5 must be completed in person at the Financial Aid Office, or in the presence of a Notary Public, if you are unable to complete it in person at the Financial Aid Office.  If you have questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 

Thank you,
NVC Financial Aid Processing Team

2024-2025 FOrMS

The Docusign Forms listed below will allow for electronic submission.  When you click on the link, a PowerForm will open.   You will need to enter your legal name and email address and click on Begin Signing to start the form.    If you are unable to complete your form, after you have opened and started the form, click on the "Finish Later" button.  You will receive an email link to return to your unfinished form.  For Dependent Students, you will need to provide your parent's legal name and email address on the forms that requires parent's information.  The average processing time is between 6 to 8 weeks from the date we receive your valid electronic Docusign forms. 


PDF Forms - Must Complete In Person 



Appeal Submission Deadlines


FALL 2024         08/12/2024 - 11/22/2024

SPRING 2025     01/06/2025 - 04/25/2025

Contact the Financial Aid/EOPS Office for possible early submission

 The Financial Aid Appeal is a process you may complete to request reinstatement of eligibility to receive financial aid if you have not met the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards and have been placed on a disqualified status.
Read each step and then click the button below to begin the Financial Aid Appeal Process.
A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) must be on file before submitting your appeal.
1.     Submit OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS from all prior schools attended to the Admissions & Records Office.   
2.     Make an appointment to meet with an academic counselor in Counseling Services and ask that your transcripts be evaluated.  Students in specialized academic support programs, such as EOPS, SSS, Puente, UMOJA, etc., should meet with their program counselor. 
o   When you meet with your counselor, develop a comprehensive STUDENT EDUCATIONAL PLAN (SEP) that includes only those courses required to complete your program (include transfer courses if applicable) at NVC.  
3.     Enroll in classes listed on your SEP for the semester you are submitting the appeal. 
4.     Complete the Understanding Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and the Financial Aid SAP Appeal Process Financial Aid Counseling session by clicking the link below.   
If it is your first time using you will need to set up an account by registering.

 5.     Follow the counseling session instructions carefully. Once complete, you will receive a Congratulations page with the link to the Financial Aid Appeal Request Form. 

 6.     Submit your completed appeal packet to the Financial Aid/EOPS Office electronically through the DocuSign Powerform by the deadline stated.
Please note the following:
·   Appeal packets that are submitted incomplete or missing documents will be denied.
·   Submitting an appeal does not guarantee approval.
·   Average processing time is 4-6 weeks.
·   You should be prepared to pay for your books and other related expenses while you appeal is being processed.

Start the Appeal Session now   

Students who attend classes during the Summer semester at Napa Valley College may qualify for assistance to help pay for college costs.  Summer is considered a "cross-over" period, which means that it begins in one academic year and crosses over into another.  In order to be considered for both the Federal Pell Grant and the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver), students must apply for both the 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 academic years. 

Summer California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGFW)

To be considered for a Summer 2024 California College Promise Grant, students must submit the 2024-2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application.

  • Please remember that under the Pay to Stay requirements at NVC, students who do not pay their course related fees (tuition, enrollment fees, lab fees, materials fees, and other course fees) within the stated grace period, may be dropped from any course that has not been fully paid.
  • The California College Promise Grant will pay only enrollment fees for California residents and AB 540 eligible students who qualify, so other course fees that apply must be paid by the student within the stated grace period or the student will be dropped from the unpaid course.

Summer Pell Grant

The Summer Pell Grant Request Form must be submitted by the June 20, 2024 processing deadline.

Summer Pell Grants will be paid out of the 2023-2024 academic year for most students.   To be considered for a Summer 2024 Federal Pell Grant, students must complete each of the following steps:

  1. Submit the 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  2. Submit ALL documents required to complete your financial aid file at NVC by May 25, 2024 AND be determined eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant for the academic year.
  3. Enroll in Summer classes at NVC by June 20, 2024. See Table 1 for financial aid enrollment status requirements.
    • Students who have exceeded or will exceed the 600% Pell Grant lifetime eligibility limitation are not eligible for Federal Pell Grant in any semester.
    • Students who are attending classes in Summer, but received 100% of their scheduled annual Pell Grant award during Summer, Fall and Spring semesters, are not eligible for additional Pell Grant in Summer, unless they are enrolled at least half-time (6 units) to be eligible for additional Pell, up to 150% of their scheduled annual Pell award.
    • Students who are attending NVC in Summer, but received Pell Grant funds from another college in Fall and/or Spring, must submit written verification from their prior school that they are no longer receiving financial aid at that school.
  4. Pell Grant eligible students must have remaining eligibility from their Scheduled Pell Grant Award for the academic year.
  5. Students limited by a Financial Aid Appeal or Financial Aid Academic Plan must have been approved for the Summer semester and be enrolled in approved classes.
  6. Students should check to review their financial aid history and determine how much has already been received for the year. Pell Grant amounts received for the academic year at ALL schools are combined when determining eligibility for summer aid.
  7. Read the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for SAP eligibility limitations.
  8. Complete the Summer Pell Grant Request form and submit it to the Financial Aid/EOPS Office electronically through DocuSign no later than June 20, 2024 for processing.
  9. Notify the Financial Aid/EOPS Office immediately if you do not attend your summer courses or you withdraw (or are dropped) from all of your enrolled courses during the semester. 
  10. If you receive a Summer grant payment, but will not attend your courses, you must return the funds to the Financial Aid/EOPS Office immediately.
  11. Failure to successfully complete your Summer classes may affect your eligibility for future financial aid.


Enrollment Status for the Summer Semester

If you receive financial aid for the summer semester, your enrollment status will be calculated as shown in Table 1 below. 


Table 1
Financial Aid Summer Enrollment Status

Enrollment Status

Units Required

Full time

12 or more units

Three-quarter (¾) time

9 to 11.5 units

Half (½) time

6 – 8.5 units

Less than ½ time

1 – 5.5 units


Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Enrollment in any semester, Fall, Spring, or Summer, requires the same satisfactory academic progress standards. The complete Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy is available online and in MyNVC, Self-Service Financial Aid.

If you do not meet the SAP standards and are placed on financial aid disqualification, you will be ineligible to receive any aid, other than the California College Promise Grant, in the following semester (even if your aid has already been awarded). Please read the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy carefully so that you understand how to stay in good academic standing for financial aid purposes.