Students who apply for graduation and have a cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher are invited to apply to be the valedictory speaker.
Eligible honors graduates will receive an email in mid-semester inviting them to submit a Valedictory Speaker Application Form along with their speech.
Eligibility Criteria for Valedictory Speaker Candidates:
- 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher at the time of application.
- Strong extracurricular involvement/volunteerism/work experience/other.
- Strong leadership skills/abilities.
- Ability to effectively convey educational and other relevant experiences both in writing and verbally.
- The majority of the units must have been completed at Napa Valley College.
REVISED KEY DATES TO NOTE ON YOUR CALENDAR
|Friday, April 14th at 5pm||Application form due|
|Friday, April 21st||Students will be notified if they have been invited to present their speech to the
selection committee. Selected finalists will be called to schedule a
10-minute interview appointment.
Thursday, April 27, 2-4 pm
|Interviews: Those selected will interview and make their speech presentation to the Valedictory Selection Committee on this date during a 10-minute virtual appointment.|
|Friday, April 28||One student speaker will be selected.|
Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at (707) 256-7362 if you have any questions about this process.