Checklist for Graduates
Please join the Commencement 2023 Canvas course to receive notifications and instructions on the ceremony.
- The online no longer available.
- If you missed the deadline and still want to participate, please call the Office of Student Affairs and you will be manually added to the list AFTER they verify your eligibility.
- For any changes/updates to your original RSVP, PLEASE CALL us at (707) 256-7363 to update your form.
- The list of students who have RSVP'd will be updated every other day.
- Regalia is required to participate in the ceremony. For more details, see the Cap and Gown (Academic Regalia) page.
- Don't wait till the last minute to purchase your regalia.
- Get creative in decorating your cap. No restrictions but must not be offensive.
- It can last about 1.5-2 hours depending on how many graduates participate.
- Attendance at rehearsal is highly recommended but not required if you are taking a final.
- You will receive your Graduate Information Card at the rehearsal
- Write your full name as you want it to be read; spell it out phonetically, if necessary.
- Write down ONLY one of your degrees or certificates. Only one will be read during the ceremony.
- You will leave your card at the podium during the rehearsal and will need to pick it up in the evening again.
- If you cannot attend the rehearsal, don't worry. Just plan to arrive early by 4:30
p.m. prior to the ceremony to receive a semi-filled card and further instructions
prior to lining up.
- Graduates line-up in no specific order; first to arrive, get front rows; last to arrive, get back rows.
- No saving of spots for other classmates once countdown begins