International students at Napa Valley College make a valuable contribution to campus life by enriching the cultural, social, and academic experience of the local students and the community.
NVC is accepting International applications for the 2023-2024 academic year, due May 1, 2023.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps for Admission
- Complete an International Student Admission Application.
- Students must complete the equivalent of high school with better than average grades.
- Demonstrate adequate financial resources to complete their education without outside employment.
- Official copies of transcripts from all secondary schools and colleges you have attended. These transcripts must be in English and correspond to the American Grading System. *
- A financial statement or tax documents showing that you or your sponsor has the financial resources to pay your tuition and related expenses while you attend Napa Valley College. For an explanation on expenses and average monthly budgeting, please click on this link to learn more.
- A transfer notification form if you are transferring from another United States School.
- International students should apply to the college:
- For fall semester admission all materials should be submitted by May 1.
- For spring semester admission all materials should be submitted by October 1.
International Student Fee Information
International students must pay non-resident tuition, in addition to enrollment fees, and are required to have health and accident insurance. There is no financial aid available for international students.
International Student Fees
Tuition and enrollment fees will be collected in full at the time of registration.
The estimated costs for an academic year are as follows:
|$7,375||Tuition and fees based on 12 units minimum required for 1 visa student.|
|$8,544||Food and housing (based on home stay)|
|$2,272||Books and other educational expenses|
|$3,223||Miscellaneous and personal|
|$1,138||Mandatory medical insurance|
Tuition is subject to change. The bank statement must show the total cost for the academic year amount or more.
English Proficiency for International Students
- Your classes will be conducted in English, so you must demonstrate English Proficiency when you apply for admissions. If your native language is not English, you must complete the ESL placement process.
International students are provided with an orientation to the college and with academic and personal counseling. International Student office hours are by appointment only (closed Fridays in summer) Please email in advance for available meeting times.
Admissions and Records Office
2277 Napa-Vallejo Highway
Napa, California 94558
Dixie Larson - A&R Analyst
International Student Admissions
A.S./AS.T Graduation Specialist
IGETC/CSU Official Certifications