No community can be totally risk‑free in today's society. However, working together, students, faculty, staff, and visitors can all help to create an atmosphere which is as safe and crime free as possible by reporting criminal or suspicious behavior and emergencies to the Napa Valley College Police Department.
On the main Campus College Police officers are on‑duty Monday through Friday 6:00 am to 1:00 a.m. and weekends from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The College Police responds to all reports of criminal behavior and emergencies on the Main Campus.
College Police officers are not assigned to the Upper Valley Campus, Adult Education Center, or the Center at American Canyon on a regular basis and only respond to crimes or issues upon request. Crimes that are not “in-progress” are handled by the College Police Department from the main campus.
The College has agreements with local law enforcement agencies to respond to “in-progress” crimes at these satellite facilities. In progress crimes and emergencies should be reported to 911. The College Police should also be notified, after the local police agency, so we can ensure that appropriate services are provided.
- Upper Valley Campus – Saint Helena Police Department
- Adult Education Center – Napa Police Department
- NVC Center at American Canyon – American Canyon Police Department
The College encourages anyone who is a victim or witness to any crime on College property, including satellite campuses, to promptly report the incident to the College Police.
- A report of criminal activity or other emergency can be made by calling extension 3333 (on‑campus) or 253‑3333 (off‑campus) or on the Main Campus by appearing in person at the College Police Department (located in building 2250).
- On the Main Campus the College Police can be contacted via the emergency phones located throughout the public areas and some classrooms. The emergency phone allows the user to call 911 or the College Police.
- The College Police office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, office hours may vary depending on staffing levels.
- After 5:00 p.m. on weekdays or on weekends, call 511 (on-campus) or 253-3333 (off-campus) to contact the on‑duty police officer.
- Anonymous reports of crimes can be made via …
- The Internet at www.napavalleycrimestoppers.com
- By texting information to 274637
- Or by calling 800-450-9543
The College Police Department encourages anyone who is the victim or witness to any crime to promptly report the incident to the police. Because police reports are public records under California State law, the College Police Department cannot hold reports of crime in confidence. Confidential reports for purposes of inclusion in the annual disclosure of crime statistics can be made to Office of Student Services or calling (707) 253-3110.