Our experienced and caring staff provides
FREE MEDICAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES to all eligible students. Our medical services are provided by a Nurse Practitioner, and our psychological services by a licensed Marriage Family Counselor.
Our licensed MFT (Marriage Family Therapist) supports students in coping with life stressors that affect their academic goals. Some of the many issues which can be explored include relationship difficulties, anxiety, depression, grief and loss and gender identity.
Medical/Health Promotion Services
- Treatment of urgent illness & injury such as sprains, cuts, bronchitis, urinary tract infections
- Reproductive Health, including Emergency Contraception (morning after pill)
- Selected over-the-counter and prescription medications dispensed free on-site, examples include some antibiotics, cold remedies, topical creams, emergency asthma inhalers
- Testing for pregnancy, HIV, Strep, anemia
- Physical Exams for school, work, sports
- TB skin testing
- Smoking Cessation
- Health Education & Information
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Referrals to low-cost community resources
- Telephone consultation with nurse practitioner: symptoms or general health questions
Need Birth Control, but no health insurance?
Low income students who don't have health insurance – or don't want to use their parents' health insurance, are usually eligible for FamilyPACT, a California insurance program. It supplies free birth control medication and devices, Pap Smears, and STI testing. It takes only minutes for us to sign you up for FamilyPACT. We provide on-site birth control pills, Plan B, Depo Shots, condoms, and long acting-implants (Nexplanon). All students seeking family planning help are carefully counseled on their options and the pros and cons of each method.
We provide the following immunizations:
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Flu Vaccine
We do charge for these vaccines, and our rates are generally much lower than available at pharmacies. Please call us for current rates.
Outside Lab Tests, X-rays, and Prescriptions for Outside Pharmacies
The nurse practitioner can order tests and medications, but the patient, or their insurance company must pay for tests and medications provided by outside labs and pharmacy.
How to access services
Call us at (707) 256-7780 for an appointment, or to get phone advice from the Nurse Practitioner.
Or, drop in to the Health Center, Bldg. 2250, behind the Life Sciences Building.