Application Procedures for VA Education Benefits (click here for pdf)
1. Verify your eligibility and determine the benefit chapter you are eligible for by calling the 1-888-442-4551 to speak with a Veterans Benefits Counselor. Or you can apply by going to https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/. If you are applying for Vocational Rehabilitation an application can be submitted though eBenefits at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/.
The chapters are: 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill®); 30 (active duty veteran); 31 (Voc. Rehab. veteran); 35 (children/dependents or spouse); and 1606 (Selected Reserve). Please refer to the GI Bill® Official Website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill for more details.
2. New students must complete an Online Admission Application at www.napavalley.edu.
3. New students must complete the math and English assessment and NVC orientation
4. Submit official copies of transcripts from previous colleges attended, copy of VA form DD-214 Member Copy-4 or Service-2 (if a veteran) or form DD-2384 Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE, if in the Reserves) to the Financial Aid Office.
5. Make an appointment to see a veterans counselor at the General Counseling Center (Bldg 1300) to develop a VA Educational Plan one week after you submit your official copies of transcripts.
6. Fill out and submit your application for veterans benefits online to the VA at https://www.va.gov/
7. Complete the following documents.
6A. Statement of Understanding of VA Educational Benefits
6B. In-Processing Checklist
6C. Enrollment Certification Request, required every semester
Note: Incomplete application packet will not be processed. You are required to submit an Enrollment Certification Request every semester after you finalized your schedule/registration.
IMPORTANT! CHAPTERS 30 and 1606 : You MUST VERIFY your enrollment every month with the VA either by 1-877-823-2378 OR by signing on to WAVES at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill . Click on "Verify Attendance" (W.A.V.E.).
Chapter 35 students obtaining a certificate m
If you have questions regarding your payment information, eligibility or delimiting date, please call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 or go online at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill. Click on Questions & Answers.
CHAPTER 31: Your enrollment will be certified after the VA Certifying Official receives an authorization from a VA Vocational and Rehabilitation and Employment counselor.