Students who apply for graduation and have a cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher are invited to apply to be the valedictory speaker at commencement.
Eligible honors graduates will receive an email on April 1, 2020, inviting them to submit a Valedictory Speaker Application Form- Fillable 2020 (NEW).pdf (see eligibility criteria below) along with their speech.
Eligibility Criteria for Valedictory Speaker Candidates:
- 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher at the time of application.
- Strong extracurricular involvement/volunteerism/work experience/other.
- Strong leadership skills/abilities.
- Ability to effectively convey educational and other relevant experiences both in writing and verbally.
- The majority of the units must have been completed at Napa Valley College.
Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at (707) 256-7362 if you have any questions about this process.
|Application and speech ||Friday, April 17, 2020|
|Applicants will be notified if they have been selected to interview with the Valedictory Speaker Selection Committee.||Thursday, April 23 by 5:00 p.m.|