The deadline for the submission of the Valedictory Speaker Application has been identified. Please see below for details.
Though the 2020 Commencement ceremony was canceled, Napa Valley College will still be selecting a valedictory speaker! This recognition is an honorable one and we will celebrate the selected individual by announcing this to the Napa Valley College community in various ways. Best of luck!
Students who apply for graduation and have a cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher are invited to apply to be the valedictory speaker.
Eligible honors graduates will receiving an email inviting them to submit a Valedictory Speaker Application Form along with their speech. (See criteria below.)
Eligibility Criteria for Valedictory Speaker Candidates:
- 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher at the time of application.
- Strong extracurricular involvement/volunteerism/work experience/other.
- Strong leadership skills/abilities.
- Ability to effectively convey educational and other relevant experiences both in writing and verbally.
- The majority of the units must have been completed at Napa Valley College.
Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at (707) 256-7362 if you have any questions about this process.
|Application and speech ||Monday, June 8th|
|Applicants will be notified if they have been selected to interview with the Valedictory Speaker Selection Committee.|
3rd Week of June - TBA