The purpose of the Napa Valley Community College District Safety and Health Committee is to bring representatives of the college community together to assist in the overall effort to achieve and maintain a safe and healthy educational and working environment throughout the District.
The mission of the District Safety and Health Committee is to identify, investigate, make recommendations, and communicate to the college community, on matters of safety and health that SCM minutes pertain to the educational and working environment throughout the District.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Hold regular meetings at least quarterly.
- Maintain written agendas and minutes of all meeting, and post them on the District's website.
- Establish and maintain a system to receive and review safety and health related suggestions, and reports of hazards from the college community. The system will provide freedom of reporting without fear of reprisal and an option of anonymity for the reporting party.
- Establish and maintain a system to review and if necessary investigate all safety-related incidents including injury accidents, illnesses and deaths for the purpose of recommending corrective action to prevent similar events from recurring.
- Evaluate the District's policies and procedures, which may affect safety and health, and make recommendations for change or adoption of new policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the District's compliance system and make recommendations concerning safety and health compliance.
- Evaluate the District's safety and health training practices and recommend procedures to ensure that all employees are trained to perform their work in a safe manner.
- Establish and maintain a program to inspect all District facilities on a regular basis to locate, identify, and document safety and health hazards and submit a list of corrections and recommendations to the appropriate responsible party.
- Establish a procedure to review corrective actions taken by the District with regard to all safety and health inspection reports or citations.
- Regularly publish a newsletter to inform the college community of issues related to safety and health.
2020 Meeting Dates
January 9, 2020
February 13, 2020
March 12, 2020
April 9, 2020
May 14, 2020
June 11, 2020
July 9, 2020
August 13, 2020
September 10, 2020
October 8, 2020
November 12, 2020
December 10, 2020