Beginning August 2017, the Planning Committee and the Budget Committee were merged to form the Planning & Budget Committee. Prior activities of the Budget Committee are through May 2017.
The Budget Committee shall . . .
1. Have recommending authority on budget matters to the president; final recommending authority to the Board of Trustees rests with the president; final approval authority rests with the Board of Trustees
2. Focus on the institutional budget, not on specific unit budget line items
3. Develop and recommend Preliminary, Tentative, and Final budgets consistent with annual institutional goals and objectives, strategic institutional plans, and the Planning and Budget Philosophy
4. Recommend to the college president allocations of resources consistent with the vision, mission, and strategic institutional plans
5. Review institutional and area budgets for consistency with the Planning and Budget Philosophy
The committee shall consist of the following Academic Senate members: 6 faculty representatives and a faculty co-chair. Non-Senate members are the District Co-Chair, Vice President of Instruction, Assistant Superintendent/Vice President,Student Affairs, Director of Facilities, classified representative, administrative representative, and ASNVC representative.
PAST AGENDAS & MINUTES