Quick Login Instructions for First Time Users
Is WebAdvisor secure?
Your WebAdvisor Username and Password ARE NOT THE SAME as your CCCApply Username and Password. To find your WebAdvisor Username, go to the WebAdvisor Main Menu and click on "I do not know my WebAdvisor User ID." Enter your last name and your social security number OR your Student ID number (if you know it)--NOT BOTH. After you click "Submit" you will be shown your WebAdvisor User ID.
Your WebAdvisor User ID will be the first initial of your first name, your last name and the last five-digits of your Student ID# (all letters in lower case). It is a good idea to verify this information by requesting your User ID through "I do not know my WebAdvisor User ID.," if you have a unique last name that contains more than one name, a hyphenated name or a name that contains characters.
To login to WebAdvisor, if this is your first time, enter your WebAdvisor User ID (that you attained using the instructions above) and your default password--the default password for first login is your six-digit date of birth (without slashes or dashes). For example, if your birthday is December 15, 1995 you would enter 121595 as your password. You will be asked to change your password the first time you login for security purposes.
WebAdvisor is secured using 128-bit encryption, the same encryption used by services such as online banking and shopping. What this means is that all data between your computer and the WebAdvisor computer is encrypted, or encoded, while it is being communicated. You can tell this by the small padlock icon in the lower right-hand corner of your web browser.I've forgotten my password, and the Password Hint isn't helping me remember--how can I reset my password? How to Reset Your WebAdvisor Password
The system locked me out for too many bad login attempts--what should I do? Wait 15-30 minutes and try again, you’ll probably get in. If you can’t, you can try resetting your password yourself using the Reset Password Instructions below. If you don’t have an e-mail address on file, or you can’t reset your password for some other reason, use the contact method and we’ll reset your password to your six-digit Date of Birth.
I don’t have an e-mail address—how do I get one?
As of December, 2016, all new and continuing students have been issued a college email through Office 365. Please read through the instructions for the new mini-portal and initiating the college email and login for Canvas at http://www.napavalley.edu/AboutNVC/Pages/mynvc.aspx. You can also maintain a personal email account in our records as alternative access.
- Go to the WebAdvisor Main Menu. Click on the “I do not know my WebAdvisor Password" link.
- Click on the “I don’t remember, reset my password” link
- Enter your last name (not user name), and then either your social security number or your Student ID number.
- After you click the SUBMIT button you will be shown a list of available e-mail addresses that your temporary password can be sent to. Choose one.
- After you click the SUBMIT button you will be sent a temporary, one-time use password through e-mail. This takes between 1-2 minutes.
- After you receive your temporary password, click the box for "Current Student" and the “Log In” tab at the top of the WebAdvisor menu page.
- Enter your user name (all lower case) and the password you just received via e-mail.
- You will immediately be told that your password has expired—this is by design so that you set your own password. Enter the requested information. Remember, when it asks for your ‘Old Password’ you need to enter whatever password you used to get to this screen (in this case the temporary password sent to you via e-mail).
- Choose a new WebAdvisor password. All WebAdvisor passwords must be between 6 and 9 characters in length and must contain both letters and numbers, only.
- We also strongly urge all users to enter a password hint in case he/she forgets his/her password later.
- Click the SUBMIT button and you will be logged in with your new password. If you’re not taken immediately to the Main WebAdvisor Menu then click the “Main Menu” link at the top of the page or the "Student Menu" if you wish to register for classes or view the student menu options.
I’m getting a message that I’m not set up in the system and I should contact my system administrator. What’s happening and what should I do?
If you are a new student and have just completed your CCCApply Online Application for Admission within the past 72 hours then you might not show up in the system yet—wait for three business days after you've submitted your CCCApply application. You should receive a "Welcome Letter" from the college that will give you your Student ID #. There will also be instructions in the letter as to how you will proceed at this point. If you do not receive this information, please contact us.
If you're a returning student and haven't attended the college in over a year, you are required to submit a new application to update your information. After you have done the application the new student information, above, would apply to you.
I received an “Invalid Security Token” error message, and I couldn’t do anything but close the browser and log back in--what can I do to avoid this?
DO NOT use the BACK button on your web browser--use the Menu button and work your way forward to the place you want to be.
The Admissions and Records office and the Welcome Center are open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm (and Tuesday evening until 7 pm) to talk with a live person or call 707-256-7215 or 707-256-7201.
You can also e-mail email@example.com and please include your full name, date of birth, and a description of the problem you’re having. Also, if you would be descriptive in the subject line it would help--for example, instead of just putting “WebAdvisor Problem” instead put “WebAdvisor - Need User ID and Password Set Up” or “WebAdvisor - Account Locked Out.” This will hopefully assist us in replying in a faster manner.
I e-mailed webadvisorhelp over 72-hours ago and haven’t received a reply--why not?
If you have not heard or received a response within 72 hours, please follow-up with a second email and make sure you include all pertinent information pertaining to your problem. Be sure to include your full name, student ID number, and the last 4-digits of your social security number for identification purposes.