Financial Aid

Welcome to Financial Aid!

The Financial Aid/EOPS Office offers a variety of aid programs, including grants, loans, scholarships, and work study opportunities for students who are having a difficult time meeting the cost of attending Napa Valley College. Any student who is having financial difficulties is urged to apply for financial assistance by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our friendly staff are here to assist you with the application process and to help you understand the types of assistance that may be available to you.  Don’t disqualify yourself!  If you think you need financial aid, apply for it.

Introducing the MyNVC Card!
Beginning in Fall 2014, Napa Valley College will be partnering with Higher One®, a financial services company focused solely on higher education, to bring a new method for receiving financial aid refunds (disbursements) to all Napa Valley College students who have completed their financial aid file — the MyNVC Card.  Financial aid students may now choose how they want their money paid to them by activating their MyNVC Card account and making a selection.

Click here for more information FAQs about the MyNVC Card. 

MyNVC Card and green envelope


 for the bright green envelope!





      FAFSA on the Web is free and it's fast! You will get your results 7 to 14
     days faster than if you mail in a paper application. In addition, your
     answers are edited automatically, so you will make fewer mistakes.

    Napa Valley College SCHOOL CODE: 001247
    Click here to begin your online application NOW!


Have financial aid questions? Click here to view short video answers.
Do you have questions about financial aid?
  Do you need help completing your FAFSA?

  Do you want to know what SAP means?

 Click on Financial Aid TV to view short video answers.


Pay-to-Stay in your classes! 
Did you know that you are required to pay your course fees in full at the time of registration? Did you know that if you fail to pay your fees in full you could be dropped from those courses? Click on the Pay-to-Stay link above to get more information about the Pay-to-Stay program at Napa Valley College. 

You may qualify for a Board of Governors Enrollment Fee Waiver (BOGW) to cover the cost of your CA Resident enrollment fees. Submit the FAFSA NOW to see if you qualify for a fee waiver! (processing time is 1-2 weeks)

The BOGW waives ONLY CA Resident Enrollment Fees. Other course related fees, such as lab or materials fees, must be paid by the student.


Have you moved? Submit a Name Address SSN Change Form Now!
Financial aid checks will not be forwarded!



WebGrants for Students

WebGrants for Students. The California Student Aid Commission has created this website California Student Aid Commission WebGrants for Studentsjust for you, the student. The goal is to provide you with the resources, information and tools you need to assist you with the college financial aid process. This site will also allow you to manage your Cal Grant and/or Chafee account(so) online by letting you view updates, make school changes, make address changes and post leave of absence requests. This link opens in a new window.



For More Information about Student Financial Aid at NVC

The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office maintains a Data Mart of statistics available to the public.  Click here to query information regarding student financial aid awards by college, and by ethnicity, gender and age.