Do you want to be more skilled at research?
LIBR 100 is an introductory course to learn to apply the skills needed to conduct research efficiently and effectively. This one-unit course will provide students with the back-ground needed to complete papers and research projects for courses at Napa Valley College. It is split into seven different modules:
- Information Tools: Locating Books and Databases
- Scholarship as Conversation
- Fake News
- Revision: Research as Inquiry and Searching as Strategic Exploration
- Authority is Contextual and Constructed
- Property: Information has Value
Look for this course in the Webadvisor under the "Library Research" Department.
This course meets General Education Requirements for the A.A. or A.S. degree under area D3: Communication and Analytical Thinking